- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Problem Faculty: The Number One Concern of America’s Academic Chairs
Part One: The Six Steps
1. Step 1: Clarify Values and Expectations
2. Step 2: Follow Policy
3. Step 3: Build Trust with Colleagues
4. Step 4: Evaluate Yourself and Your Perceptions
5. Step 5: Listen
6. Step 6: Take Effective Action
Part Two: Tough Questions
7. What About the Chronic Poor Performer?
8. What About the Passive-Aggressive Colleague?
9. What About Bullies?
10. What About the Problem Characters Who Emerge During Times of Change?
11. What About the Psychologically Impaired? (Carolyn Oxenford and Sally Kuhlenschmidt)
Appendix A: Sample Vision Statement
Appendix B: Faculty Behaviors That May Suggest a Mental Health Disorder
Appendix C: Sample No-Bullying Policy