Workplace Communications: The Basics / Edition 6by George J. Searles
Pub. Date: 07/01/2013
This book focuses on the basics of workplace writing by emphasizing practical applications. Written in a simple, conversational style, this book is both accessible and useful, incorporating numerous examples, illustrations, and exercises among the core topics. Includes sample cover letters, resumes, and follow-up letters; outlines proper office correspondence; describes effective visuals; details effective oral presentations; and instructs how to prepare both long and short reports. For anyone who uses technical or business writing in the workplace.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of ContentsPreface.
1. The Keys to Successful Communication: Purpose, Audience, and Tone.
2. Correspondence: Memos and Letters.
3. Effective Visuals: Tables, Graphs, Charts, and Illustrations.
Principles of effective visuals.
4. Short Reports: Page Design, Formats, and Types of Reports.
Report Formats: Memo, Letter, and Booklet.
Types of Report
Types of Summaries: Descriptive, Informative, and Evaluative
6. Mechanism and Process/Procedure Descriptions.
8. Job Application Process: Letter, Risumi, Interview, and Follow-Up.
9. Oral Presentations: Preparation and Delivery.
10. Long Reports: Format, Collaboration, and Documentation.
Appendix A: Ten Strategies to Improve Your Style.
Appendix B: Review of Mechanics: Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >