World Music: Traditions and Transformations / Edition 2by Michael Bakan
Pub. Date: 02/16/2011
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
From jeliya to cha cha chá, Shandong to sean nós, and the Beatles and beleganjur to Bollywood and belly dance, the second edition of World Music: Traditions and Transformations takes students on an exciting global journey of musical and cultural discovery, exploration, and experience. Through clearly focused case studies of diverse musicultural traditions, Michael Bakan illustrates the transformative life of world musics from traditional folk, ritual, and classical genres to contemporary popular and art musics, jazz, and world beat. Integral connections between particular musics and their historical, cultural, and international contexts are consistently emphasized. The text also includes a globally inclusive introduction to core elements of music and culture that makes its unique and friendly approach accessible to music majors and non-majors alike.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >