Writing and Speaking at Work / Edition 2by Edward P. Bailey
Pub. Date: 05/29/2001
Publisher: Prentice Hall
The new edition has been fully/p>/i>
The goal of Writing and Speaking at Work is to help students roll up their sleeves and actually learn to write and speak. This easy to read, concise text focuses directly on those two crucial communication skills. It offers students and professionals practical advice they can apply today and every day in their future!
The new edition has been fully updated and provides the most up-to-date coverage of email communication and presentational techniques.
- Chapter 11, Making the most of e-mail
- Chapter 14, Developing a clear structure
- Chapter 19, Preparing an annotated presentation
A must read for everyone in business!
- Plain English Approach
Teaches students to write and speak clearly and efficiently.
Urges a more spoken style of writingthe standard for most businesses today.
Focuses on presenting the main point up front.
Explains how to create documents that look inviting.
Shows students how to design a presentation so it's easier to giveand easier for the audience to understand.
- Visual Aids
Emphasizes computer presentationsthe up-to-date approach students must master to be competitive in the job market.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.98(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.45(d)
Table of Contents
2. Developing a Good Style.
3. Using Examples and Comparisons.
4. Making Your Page Look Inviting.
5. Making Your Main Point Easy to Find.
6. Illustrating Your Ideas.
7. Getting Beyond the Period and Comma.
8. Learning Common-Sense Rules.
9. Preparing a Résumé and Cover Letter.
10. Documenting Your Sources.
11. Making the Most of E-mail.
13. Using Good Techniques of Delivery.
14. Developing a Clear Structure.
15. Choosing and Designing Visual Aids.
16. Giving a Presentation Using a Computer.
17. Giving a Presentation Using Transparencies.
18. Rehearsing, Setting Up, and Overcoming Nervousness.
19. Preparing an Annotated Presentation.
Appendix A. Final Project: Applying Computer Techniques.
Appendix B. Final Project: Creating Reports.
Appendix C. Formats for Letters and Memos.
Appendix D. Sample Papers.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >