I. WRITING FOR HEALTH AND MEDICAL AUDIENCES.
1. Audience Analysis and Context Analysis.
2. Ethics in Medical Writing.
3. Document Design Principles and Data Management.
II. GENRES IN THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS.
4. Medical Diagnostic Practices: The History and Physical, and Conventional and Online Charting in Patient Care.
5. Medical Forms and Reports.
6. Health Education Materials: Traditional and Online.
7. Public Health Campaigns.
8. Grants and Proposals, and Government and Insurance Documents.
III. MEDIA AND CULTURES.
9. Multicultural and International Medical Writing.
10. Presenting Written Materials Visually.
11. Electronic Medical Writing.
Appendix A—Review of Process Writing.
Appendix B—Medical Language.
Appendix C—Frequently Used Visual Design Terms.
Appendix D—Frequently Used Clinical Abbreviations.
Appendix E—Sample Grant Budgets.
Appendix F—Online Resources for Latino Cultural Analysis.