Robert Venditti is the New York Times best-selling author of "The Homeland Directive" and the sci-fi graphic novel series "The Surrogates", the first installment of which was adapted into a feature film starring Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames. He currently writes the ongoing monthly comic book series "X-O Manowar" and "Green Lantern". His debut children's novel, "Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape: Attack of the Alien Horde", is due from Simon & Schuster in May 2015.
X-O Manowar, Volume 1: By the Swordby Robert Venditti
- The beginning of the all-new Valiant Universe starts here! Aric of Dacia is a brash warrior and heir to the throne of the Visigoth people. He has lived his life under the heel of the Roman Empire, but now a far more terrible enemy has come to subjugate him. Taken from his home and family, Aric is enslaved aboard a starship belonging to a brutal race of alien
- The beginning of the all-new Valiant Universe starts here! Aric of Dacia is a brash warrior and heir to the throne of the Visigoth people. He has lived his life under the heel of the Roman Empire, but now a far more terrible enemy has come to subjugate him. Taken from his home and family, Aric is enslaved aboard a starship belonging to a brutal race of alien colonizers known as The Vine. If he is to have any hope of escaping and returning to Earth, he will have to steal the Vine's most powerful weapon — a sentient suit of indestructible armor
— and become X-O Manowar!
- This volume collects the first four issues of the acclaimed, breakout series by New York Times bestselling author Robert Venditti (The
Surrogates, The Homeland Directive) and Eisner Award-winning artist
Cary Nord (Conan)!
- Valiant Entertainment, LLC
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- All Ages
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.40(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.40(d)
- Age Range:
- 13 - 17 Years
Meet the Author
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
X-O Manowar, Volume 1: By the Sword based on 0 ratings. 5 reviews.
This new XO Manowar comics from Valiant follows the same basic premise as the previous ones - visigoth is captured by aliens, they hold him captive, he eventually escapes with the aid of a powerful suit of armor, chaos ensues. The difference is that in the original XO Manowar, that storyline was played out in the first issue - in the new version, it takes almost all three or four issues to play it out. As such, there are some key points where the story drags a little bit, but overall the plot remains the same. New visual, now powers, and new aliens make this comic worthwhile.
Aric: Warrior of ancient Dacia, and upon acquisition of an alien 'Manowar' armour suit, one of the most potent warriors in the galaxy! The plot is a great blend of historic and sci fi elements, and has fantastic writing backed up by fantastic art: If you're into quality comics or sci fi, this is a book you MUST read.
One of Valiant's best new series, X-O Manowar set the stage for a line-wide relaunch that's miles better than anyone had any right ot expect.