Robert Venditti is the New York Times best-selling author of "The Homeland Directive" and the sci-fi graphic novel series "The Surrogates", the first installment of which was adapted into a feature film starring Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames. He currently writes the ongoing monthly comic book series "X-O Manowar" and "Green Lantern". His debut children's novel, "Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape: Attack of the Alien Horde", is due from Simon & Schuster in May 2015.
X-O Manowar, Volume 1by Robert Venditti
- Aric of Dacia, a fifth century Visigoth armed with the universe’s most powerful weapon, is all that stands between the Earth and all-out annihilation at the hands of the alien race that abducted him from his own time. Stranded in the modern day, X-O Manowar's battle against the Vine will take him into the shadows with the lethal operative known as Ninjak
- Aric of Dacia, a fifth century Visigoth armed with the universe’s most powerful weapon, is all that stands between the Earth and all-out annihilation at the hands of the alien race that abducted him from his own time. Stranded in the modern day, X-O Manowar's battle against the Vine will take him into the shadows with the lethal operative known as Ninjak — and launch a quest for vengeance that will bring an alien empire to its knees. The Vine destroyed
Aric’s world. Now he will give them war!
- From the epic origin to the battle for Planet Death, the definitive tale of
Valiant's flagship hero comes together in this prestige-sized collection by
New York Times bestselling writer Robert Venditti (Green Lantern,
The Surrogates) and comics visionaries Cary Nord (Conan), Lee
Garbett (Batman: RIP), and Trevor Hairsine (X-Men: Deadly
- Collecting the sold-out X-O Manowar #1-14, the X-O Manowar
Volume 1 Deluxe Oversized Hardcover also features a new introduction by series author Robert Venditti and more than 20-pages of never-before-seen extras direct from the Valiant vaults.
- Valiant Entertainment, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)
- Age Range:
- 13 - 16 Years
Meet the Author
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
X-O Manowar, Volume 1 based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
This deluxe hard cover was one of the first ones that Valiant put out, and they knocked it out of the park. Rather than just collect the issues together (which would have been enough) they have also included behind the scenes information, such as sketches of the character and some additional background information. The arcs in his deluxe hardcover include some of the essential XO arcs (I think it concludes with Planet Death). While a little slow paced at times, the story unfolds very well to present a well plotted, well thought out story line. Easily in the top three comics that Valiant produces.