- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations, along with the XML Path Language, give you the power to transform XML documents into HTML documents, or to other XML documents that you can use in Web-based applications. But how do you implement XSLT in the real world? This book provides the answers. Covering everything from reformatting numbers to creating dynamic XSLT applications, XSLT expert Jeni Tennison delivers a wealth of ready-to-use utility templates and practical XSLT solutions — everything you need to jump-start XSLT development. With XSLT and XPath on the Edge, Unlimited Edition, you'll:
* Take advantage of utility templates for searching and replacing strings, calculating minimums, and more
* Build your own recursive templates or use simple XPaths
* Discover ready-made solutions for filtering, numbering, grouping, and other transformations
* Understand the building blocks of XSLT applications
* Separate style from format and break up your stylesheet into functional modules that are easier to maintain and reuse
* Build dynamic applications that use client-side processing with MSXML or server-side processing with Cocoon
* Fine-tune stylesheets to work more efficiently and deliver exactly the output you're looking for
* Harness the power of the XSLT extensions available with MSXML, Saxon, and Xalan
With this Unlimited Edition, owners of the book can download all-new content from the Web and access a searchable version of the book online.
Part I: Building Utility Templates.
Chapter 1. Manipulating Numbers.
Chapter 2. Reformatting Strings and Text.
Chapter 3. Turning XML into Text.
Chapter 4. Analyzing Data in XML.
Part II: Performing Your Transformation.
Chapter 5. Filtering XML.
Chapter 6. Translating Between Similar Structures.
Chapter 7. Sorting.
Chapter 8. Numbering.
Chapter 9. Grouping.
Chapter 10. Creating Summaries.
Part III: Building Your XSLT Application.
Chapter 11. Separating Data from Presentation.
Chapter 12. Creating Functional Modules.
Chapter 13. Using Multiple Stylesheets.
Chapter 14. Client-Side Processing with MSXML.
Chapter 15. Server-Side Processing with Cocoon.
Part IV: Finalizing Your Stylesheet.
Chapter 16. Controlling Output.
Chapter 17. Enhancing XSLT.
Part V: Using Extensions.
Chapter 18. Using Extension Functions.
Chapter 19. Using Extension Elements.
Chapter 20. Extending XPath Yourself.
Appendix A: XPath Quick Reference.
Appendix B: XSLT Quick Reference.
Book Registration Information.