Read an Excerpt
A Message from Kathleen
Welcome to the wonderful power of journaling! This is a key part of healing your sugar sensitivity. The rewards of bringing balance to your sugar-sensitive body are tremendous. They go far beyond the physical benefits of increased energy, sharper concentration, and the weight loss that comes with the freedom from cravings.
Living this way will give you confidence and awareness. Rather than being the victim of your inherited body chemistry, you will find joy and delight in your sensitive and complex system. Your inquiring brain will find that food becomes fun and a powerful tool for feeling better and better.
The ultimate goal of this program is what I call “radiance.” Radiance is a way of being in the world that reflects your core self. Radiance moves you to humor, tenderness, enjoyment, and delight. It urges you to meditate, laugh, dance, pray, sing, paint, read, and run; to seek good food, intimacy, and good company; and to find meaning in all you do.
As you step into your new way of being in the world, you will no longer settle for relief from pain or problems. You will want more than that. And your sugar sensitivity will no longer be in the way of getting it.
I send you my blessings on your journey to wholeness. Seven Easy Steps to Heal Sugar Sensitivity
1. Eating breakfast with protein within an hour of getting up creates blood sugar stability, wakes up your brain, and sets the stage for healing.
2. Journaling teaches you how to read your body and adjust the rhythm and pace of your program to your own body and lifestyle.
3. Three meals a day with protein maintains blood sugarstability and helps increase your serotonin level.
4. Having your vitamins and a nightly potato increases your serotonin, the next step to help you “just say no.”
5. Shifting from white to brown foods gives your body the positive effects of carbohydrates without activating cravings.
6. Taking out the sugar reduces cravings by eliminating beta-endorphin priming. NO cravings means no addictive behavior.
7. Getting a life teaches you behaviors that will increase beta-endorphin in a healthy way and help you find radiance.
The steps work by creating balance in your body and brain. It is essential to do them in order and to do them slowly.
The seven steps are simple, but they are not easy. Going through them carefully and attentively can take six to eight months.
As you learn each step, you will learn more about an entirely new way of eating and thinking about your body. And you will feel better and be healthier.
You can do Step 7 from the first day of your program.
Keeping a journal is a key part of your program. I have included some tools and information to help you journal.
Balanced Physical Feelings
Able to concentrateHungry
Free of pain
Balanced Emotional Feelings
Unbalanced Physical Feelings
DizzyMuscle sorenessStomach pain
Eyes stingNeed to eatStomach unsettled
FatigueNervous stomachStuffy nose
Foot painNot hungryTense
Unbalanced Emotional Feelings