Your Yorkshire Terrier Puppy Month-by-Month provides the new dog owner with everything you need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure your playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion. Expert author Liz Palika, vet Deb Eldredge, and breeders Preston and MaryLou Groves team up to cover all the questions new owners tend to have and many you might not think to ask, including:
- What to ask the breeder before bringing your puppy home.
- Which vaccinations your puppy needs and when to get them.
- How to make potty training as smooth (and quick) as possible.
- What to do when your puppy cries at night.
- Why and hot to crate train your puppy.
- When socialization should happen and how to make sure it does.
- When your puppy is ready to learn basic commands — like Sit, Stay, and Come — and the best way to teach them.
- When and how to go about leash training.
- How much exercise your puppy needs to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- What, how much, and when to feed your puppy to give him the nutrition he needs without the extra weight he doesn't.
- When your puppy is ready for obedience training and how to make sure it works.
- How and how often to bathe your puppy, brush his coat, clip his nails, and brush his teeth.
- How to know what requires a trip to the vet and what doesn't.
- What causes problem behaviors, when to expect them, and how to correct them.