- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Foreword (Joan Halifax Roshi, PhD).
1. A Spiritual Framework for Our Clients and Ourselves (Beyond Spiritual Neutrality).
2. Sitting with Clients on Uncertain Ground: Strong Back, Soft Front (Beyond Evidence-Based Practice).
3. Radical Acceptance of Clients, Context and Self (Beyond Carl Rogers' Positive Regard).
4. Mindfulness: Steadying the Mind and Being Present (Beyond Empathy Skills and Counter-Transference).
5. Curiosity, Compassionate Caring, and Inspiration (Beyond Professional Warmth).
6. Bearing Witness to Trauma and Pain (Beyond Clinical Distance).
7. The Middle Way: Embracing Contradiction and Paradox (Beyond Dualistic Thinking).
8. Having the Conversation: Making Space for Client Spirituality (Beyond the Great Taboo).
9. Dealing with Failure (Beyond Cognitive Solutions and the Paradigm of Blame).
10. Swimming Upstream with a Warrior's Heart (Beyond Working a Human Services Job).
Appendix: Brief Introduction to Buddhism and Zen.