Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia / Edition 1by Gary West
Pub. Date: 10/01/2007
Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia is the definitive, comprehensive reference for the growing fields of zoo, wildlife, and exotic animal veterinary medicine. This book covers key aspects of immobilization and anesthesia from pharmacology and restraint to supportive care. Alongside these chapters, the editors have brought together an/i>… See more details below
Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia is the definitive, comprehensive reference for the growing fields of zoo, wildlife, and exotic animal veterinary medicine. This book covers key aspects of immobilization and anesthesia from pharmacology and restraint to supportive care. Alongside these chapters, the editors have brought together an impressive collection of species-specific chapters that will be an invaluable resource to those called upon to treat these animals.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.30(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of ContentsPreface.
I. Pharmacology and Drug Delivery.
1. Clinical Pharmacology, Kurt A. Grimm and Leigh A. Lamont.
2. Euthanasia, Murray Woodbury.
3. Wildlife Analgesia, Karen L. Machin.
4. Remote Drug Delivery, Ramiro Isaza.
5. Mobile Inhalent Anesthesia Techniques, Bruce Heath.
II. Supportive Care, Monitoring, and Complications.
6. Monitoring, Darryl Heard.
7. Cardiovascular and pulmonary support, Craig Mosely and Cornelia Gunkel.
8. Stress, Jon M. Arnemo and Nigel A. Caulkett.
9. Thermoregulation, Jeff C.H. Ko and Gary West.
10. Capture Myopathy, Jessica Paterson.
11. Human Safety during Wildlife Capture, Nigel Caulkett and Todd Shury.
III. Physical Restraint.
12. Capture and Physical Restraint of Zoo and Wild Animals, Todd Shury.
IV. Invertebrate, Fish, Amphibian, and Reptile Anesthesia.
13. Invertebrates, Cornelia Gunkel and Gregory A. Lewbart.
14. Boney Fish (Lungfish, Sturgeon, and Teleosts), Donald L. Neiffer.
15. Elasmobranchs (Sharks, Rays, and Skates), M. Andrew Stamper.
16. Amphibians, Mark Stetter.
17. Crocodilian Capture and Restraint, Kent A. Vliet.
18. Crocodilians (Crocodiles, Alligators, Caiman, Gharial), Gregory J. Fleming.
19. Squamates (Snakes and Lizards), Mads F. Bertelsen.
20. Venomous Reptile Restraint and Handling, Frederick B. Antonio|.
21. Chelonians (Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins), Juergen Schumacher.
V. Bird Anesthesia.
22. Cagebirds, Michelle G Hawkins and Peter J Pascoe.
23. Free-Living Waterfowl and Shorebirds, Daniel M. Mulcahy.
24. Ratites, Jessica Siegal-Willott.
VI. Mammal Anesthesia.
25. Monotremes (Echidnas and Platypus), Peter Holz.
26. Marsupials, Peter Holz.
27. Insectivores(Hedgehogs, Moles, and Tenrecs), Darryl Heard.
28. Edentates (Xenartha), Gary West, Tracy Carter, and Jim Shaw.
29. Tubulidentata and Pholidota, Jennifer Langan.
30. Chiropterans (Bats), Darryl Heard.
31. Prosimians, Cathy V. Williams and Randall E. Junge.
32. Monkeys and Gibbons, Rolf-Arne Øldberg.
33. Great Apes, Jonathan Sleeman.
34. Canids, R. Scott Larsen and Terry J. Kreeger.
35. Bears, Nigel Caulkett.
36. Procyonids and Mustelids, George Kollias and Noha Abou-Mahdi.
37. Viverrids, Anneke Moresco and R. Scott Larsen.
38. Hyenas, Nina Hahn, John M. Parker, Gregory Timmel, Mary Weldele, and Gary West.
39. Felids, Conny Gunkel and Maud LaFortune.
40. Phocid Seals, Michael Lynch and Kate Bodley.
41. Otariid Seals, Martin Haulena.
42. Walrus, David B. Brunson.
43. Cetaceans, Chris Dold and Samuel Ridgway.
44. Sirenians (Manatees and Dugongs), Elizabeth J. Chittick and Michael T. Walsh.
45. Elephants and Hyrax, William A. Horne and Michael R. Loomis.
46. Non-Domestic Equids, Chris Walzer.
47. Tapirs, Sonia M. Hernandez-Divers and James Bailey.
48. Rhinoceroses, Robin W. Radcliffe and Peter vdB. Morkel.
49. Pigs, Luis R. Padilla and Jeff C. H. Ko.
50. Hippopotami, Michele Miller.
51. Camelids, Khursheed R Mama.
52. Giraffidae, Scott B. Citino and Mitchell Bush.
53. Deer (Cervids), Nigel A. Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
54. Antelope, Ray L. Ball.
55. Gazelles, Gary West.
56. Wild Sheep and Goats, Nigel Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
57. Cattle, Tom Curro.
58. Bison, Nigel Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
59. Lagomorphs (Rabbits, Hares, and Pikas), Darryl Heard.
60. Rodents, Darryl Heard
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >