NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The #BNBookHaul Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 122 Fifth Ave, New York, New York 10011.
Beginning 12:00:01 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, August 22 through 11:59:59pm ET on Monday, September 2 (the “Entry Period”), log in to your account at www.twitter.com/bnbuzz and follow the entry instructions to “retweet” the #BNBookHaul Sweepstakes tweet pinned to the top of the @BNBuzz Twitter page. Entries must be received by 11:59:59pm ET on Monday, September 2. Limit one (1) entry per unique email address and per person during the Entry Period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: One (1) Winner will be selected at random in each of twelve (12) daily drawings at or about 12:00:01pm ET on the following dates: Friday August 23, Saturday, August 24, Sunday, August 25, Monday, August 26, Tuesday, August 27, Wednesday, August 28, Thursday, August 29, Friday, August 30, Saturday, August 31, Sunday, September 1, Monday, September 2, and Tuesday, September 3. Winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period as of the day preceding each drawing, by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Entries not selected as the winner for a given day during the Entry Period will be automatically eligible for each subsequent drawing. Each Winner will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter. Each Winner (or, if the Winner is a minor, the Winner’s parent or guardian) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity form (where legal) within seven (7) days after winner notification is sent. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsors’ discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entrants. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 2-3 weeks after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize. Winners are responsible for all taxes applicable to the prizes awarded.
- PRIZE AND ODDS: Each of the twelve (12) winners will receive a card to activate (1) one-year Barnes & Noble Membership (ARV: $25.00). Membership must be activated with 6 months of receipt All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution or transfer of prize except in Sponsor’s sole discretion; if any advertised prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute of comparable value. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes is open to over 100,000,000 internet users in the United States.
- GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or misuse, nonuse or use of any prize; (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered Entries; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweeps or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their Entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.twitter.com/BNBuzz. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the daily winners, available after Tuesday, September 3, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #BNBookHaul Sweepstakes Winners List, 122 Fifth Ave, 7th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by March 3, 2020.7. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsor makes no warranties regarding any prize furnished as part of this Sweepstakes. Any prize, and all materials furnished as part of or in connection with this Sweepstakes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose.
8. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant, Sponsor, and/or any of the Released Parties shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of New York with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
- 10. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company including Twitter, Inc, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.