In 2018, she told readers to wash their faces, and now she’s back with another important piece of advice for her legions of fans: Stop apologizing! Author, podcaster, businesswoman and motivational speaker Rachel Hollis wants to get women to overcome their fears, embrace their dreams, and follow their ambitions in both their personal and professional lives with her brand-new book Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals.
Her follow-up to the bestselling Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be is chock-full of helpful tactical tips and inspirational nuggets of wisdom Hollis has gleaned from her own experiences building a successful enterprise. And she doesn’t just draw from her own know-how; she even includes some motivational quotes from friends of hers like Elizabeth—”You need less wishbone and more backbone.”—and other luminaries like renowned historian Laurel Thatcher Ulrich—”Well-behaved women seldom make history.”—and rapper and Mr. Beyonce himself, Jay-Z—”I’m a hustler, baby.”
With her blunt, no-nonsense style, Rachel’s words of encouragement occasionally venture into the slightly profane—as Hollis says, “I love Jesus, but I cuss a little.” But for her fans, it’s all part of her charm.
We rounded up some of the most Instagrammable quotes from Girl, Stop Apologizing, so start scanning your photo archives for some breathtaking landscapes upon which you can superimpose Hollis’s words and start posting! And be sure to order Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals for even more important pearls of wisdom on living your best life.
1. “Embracing the idea that you can want things for yourself even if nobody else understands the whys behind them is the most freeing and powerful feeling in the world.”
2. “Talents and skills are like any other living thing—they can’t grow in the dark.”
3. “There is so much untapped potential inside people who are too afraid to give themselves a chance.”
4. “[T]he world needs your spark. The world needs your energy. The world needs you to show up for your life and take hold of your potential.”
5. “A goal is a dream with its work boots on.”
6. “Stop waiting for someday; someday is a myth.”
7. “Not having the knowledge makes you teachable, not stupid. Not being in shape makes you moldable, not lazy. Not having the experience just makes you eager, not ignorant.”
8. “You are enough. Today. As you are.”
9. “You guys, mommy guilt is bulls—!”
10. “OPO, other people’s opinions. You down with it? Because if you are, you’re giving all your power away.”
11. “When everything is important, nothing is important.”
12. “Ambition is not a bad thing.”
13. “Girl, maybe you should get it tattooed on your body, but it’s this simple: go all in.”
14. “You cannot control the circumstances of your life; you can only control your reaction to them.”
15. “Who you are is defined by the next decision you make, not the last one.”
What’s your favorite bit of advice from Rachel Hollis’s new book?