Enter for a Chance to Win $5,000 this holiday with “My Cookie Story”
It seems we all have a favorite holiday cookie we remember from childhood with a special story behind it. What’s yours? We would love to have you share your favorite holiday cookie recipe and the story behind it. Beginning on National Cookie Day on December 4 through December 17, we will be collecting recipes and stories for a chance for someone to win a $5,000 prize for the best recipe and story. The lucky winner will also have the opportunity for us to sell a version of their cookie at Barnes & Noble Cafés across the country s next 2019 holiday season.
Signing up is easy online or in store. Between December 4-17, 2018 your local B&N will have a drop box waiting inside for you to submit your recipe along with the story behind the cookie and why it’s so special to you.
We have a sign-up form online that lets you give us your submission without leaving home (or your delicious cookies baking in the oven). Sign up now!
To pick the winner, we’ve enlisted the help of five celebrity judges, who will read the submissions in the weeks following December 17.
The celebrity judges are:
- Jason Arthur—Café Operations Communications Manager for Barnes & Noble, and a contestant on this season of ABC’s “The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition,” premiering on December 6 at 9/8c PM on ABC
- Rose Levy Beranbaum, author of Rose’s Baking Basics, The Cake Bible, The Baking Bible, and The Bread Bible.
- Deb Perelman—author ofThe Smitten Kitchen and Smitten Kitchen Every Day.
- Sandy Solmon—President of Sweet Street.
- Katie Workman—author of Dinner Solved! and Mom 100 Cookbook.
Once our judges have read all of the recipes and the stories, we’ll announce the lucky winner on January 28. The winner will be awarded a cash prize of $5,000, get to see a version of their cookie sold in our stores during the 2019 holiday season and have their story shared on Barnes & Noble’s national social media accounts. For complete details and Official Rules check out www.bn.com/mycookiestory.
Feel free to give us a little visual taste of what you bake before you enter the contest using the hashtag, #MyCookieStory, on your social media accounts. We can’t wait to taste your recipe!