There’s nothing quite like a good anthology for introducing yourself to the best authors a genre has to offer, and sci-fi, a genre built on short fiction, is particularly blessed with a surfeit of them. Soon enough, we can add another one to our shelves, as Titan Books releases Infinite Stars, a collection of original short stories by some of the biggest names in space opera and military science fiction, including Lois McMaster Bujold, Catharine Asaro, David Weber, Orson Scott Card, Jack Campbell, and more, edited by Bryan Thomas Schmidt.
The book is out in October, and we’re showing off the cover today, featuring art by Julia Lloyd. Check it out after the official summary.
Infinite Stars is the definitive collection of original short stories by today’s finest authors of space opera and military science fiction, writing new adventures set in their most famous series. This unparalleled anthology also features past masterpieces by famous authors whose works defined the genre, making this a “must-have” book. Space Opera and Military Science Fiction are cut from the same cloth, so this anthology merges the two to create a once-in-a-lifetime collection that includes:
• A new Honor Harrington Universe tale by David Weber
• A new Dune story by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, set within the time frame of the original novel Dune
• A new Ender’s Game story by Orson Scott Card
• A new Lost Fleet story by Jack Campbell
• An RCN story by David Drake, in print for the first time