Sold by HPB-Roseville
Seller since 2014
2014 Hardcover Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, and may not include cd-rom or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!
Ships from: Roseville, MN
Usually ships in 1-2 business daysBack to Product Details
|Product dimensions:||6.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Drawing on more than 40 years of experience as a corporate executive, investor, entrepreneur, mentor, and rainmaker, Sculley has become a sought-after global storyteller for the digital revolution. He is a gifted speaker, sharing his perspectives on topics such as globalization and reinvention of work, how adaptive companies succeed in an era of the commoditization of almost everything, solving healthcare through innovation, and new big brand consumer health services.
Best known today as the former CEO of Apple Computer, Sculley’s corporate career began in 1967 when, armed with a Wharton MBA, he was hired by Pepsi-Cola Company as a trainee. Three years later, he became the company’s youngest vice president for marketing, applying his ideas about “experience based marketing” to the Pepsi Generation campaign. He initiated the Pepsi Challenge taste tests, and oversaw development and launch of the first plastic soft drink bottle, which together dethroned Coca-Cola. By 1977, Sculley was Pepsi-Cola Company’s youngest President & CEO.
John Sculley’s first bookOdyssey: Pepsi to Apple… a Journey of Adventure, Ideas and the Futurebecame a breakout business bestseller. His new bookMOONSHOT!: Game Changing Strategies How to Build a Billion Dollar Businesstakes the reader one step further, sharing the secrets to John’s success and how anyone can achieve in this changed business world.
Table of ContentsIntroduction and Highlights by John Sculley
2. Why Moonshots Start With a Noble Cause
3. Why Now Is the Best Time to Build a Billion-Dollar Business
II. Huge Changes to the Middle Class
1. What’s Really Going On in the U.S.?
2. The Exploding Middle Class in Emerging Markets
III. How to Create a Billion-Dollar Business Concept
2. Solve a Billion-Dollar Problem
3. Relentless Pursuit of “There Has to Be a Better Way”
4. Disruptive Pricing: There’s No Place to Hide
5. Deliver a Lights-Out Customer Experience
IV. Powerful Tools for Success
1. Getting Prepared to Build
2. Be Curious: Ask the Right Questions
3. Ground Yourself in Domain Expertise
4. Put the Right People on the Bus
6. Back From the Future Planning
7. How to Pivot When Your Back Is Against the Wall
8. The Best Advice I Can Give an Entrepreneur: Find a Mentor
V. Moonshot: A Summary, and Concluding Remarks
Afterword I by David Sculley
Afterword II by Arthur Sculley