The Yes, Chef Cocktail
We named this cocktail after my memoir. It’s got a lot of flavor, and just a little hint of spice.
Honey syrup is simply equal parts honey and water brought to a boil and cooled. It will keep in a jar in the refrigerator for months.
- 2 sprigs mint
- ¾ ounce honey syrup (see headnote)
- ¾ ounce Homemade Ginger Beer
- ¾ ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1 mint leaf
1. Rub the mint sprigs between your palms and drop them into an old-fashioned glass.
2. Add the honey syrup, ginger beer, pineapple juice, lime juice, and vodka to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake.
3. Pour the drink into the old-fashioned glass and garnish with the mint leaf.
HOMEMADE GINGER BEER
- Pour 2 quarts water into a large saucepan. Add 2 cups peeled and ground ginger (use the food processor), 4 cups light brown sugar, the juice of 2 limes, and 5 Thai bird chiles. Bring to a boil, then strain through a sieve lined with several layers of cheesecloth.
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate.