The perfect gift for new parents, this book is packed full with 100 ideas for activities to enjoy with a baby in their first year. With sensory categories including auditory, visual, tactile, smell, multi-sensory, exploratory and out and about, each activity is designed to be fun and stimulating for both parent and child. When sleep and imagination are in short supply, this book helps new parents make the most of those precious early days, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Hang teaspoons from a coat hanger to create a musical mobile (auditory)
- Put on a puppet show using baby's favourite toys (visual)
- Play with freshly cooked spaghetti (tactile)
- Drizzling vanilla essence, peppermint extract or coffee onto an old handkerchief for baby to smell (smell)
- Make hand and footprints with baby-safe paint (multi-sensory)
- Tuck a favourite toy inside a kitchen whisk for baby to puzzle out (exploratory)
- Take a bus ride and watch the world go by outside your window (out and about)
Many of the activities can be carried out with the help of an older sibling, so this book is great for both first- and second-time parents.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I LOVE this book! It's so easy to get lost in the chaos of raising a baby that you don't have chance to think of any fun and simple activities to do. There are 100 lovely ideas within this book that are perfect for a first, second, third, fourth etc time Mum. I received this as a gift after having my second daughter and will certainly be gifting it to my expecting friends too. My daughter and I have loved looking up ideas of activities and fun things to do with our baby. It's nice to feel like you've tried 100 new things with your baby that you likely wouldn't have considered without this book. Enjoy!