100 Facts Bugs is bursting with exactly 100 amazing facts, fascinating images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about insects and spiders.
• Simple activities for your child to understand more about how insects live.
• Full-page images provide the 'wow' factor when reading new information.
• Labelled photos to show the key features of insects and arachnids.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Bugs contains key topics about creepy crawlies in concise numbered facts. Each fact is accompanied by fantastic illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for kids. This is an ideal first look at insects books for kids aged 6-10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Bugs:
• How to identify different species and which is the most widespread.
• Special hunting and survival tactics such as camouflage.
• The most deadly and dangerous bugs in the world.
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• Courtship is a dangerous time for the male praying mantis. The female is much bigger than the male and, as soon as they have mated, she may eat him!
• Ants look after aphids and milk them like cows! They stroke the aphids to obtain a sugary liquid called honeydew, which the ants sip to get energy.
• The name 'tarantula' was first given to a type of wolf spider from Europe.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
• Quiz question: Which part of the firefly glows in the dark?
• Investigate how light a pondskater is by using a bowl of water and different objects.
• Make a list of how many insects you spot in a day.