An essential kitchen resource for all cooks.
1000 Sauces, Dips and Dressings provides all the guidance, inspiration and recipes needed to lift meals, desserts, snacks and more to new heights of deliciousness. The variety of recipes makes this beautifully illustrated cookbook a countertop essential for all cooks, from novices to the experienced and adventurous.
As well, making sauces, dips and dressings at home from fresh ingredients reduces the amount of processed foods we consume and frees up a lot of shelf space, too. Homemade sauces with fresh ingredients can be especially beneficial for restricted diets.
The first three chapters explain the theory behind how sauces were invented and the five mother sauces of French cuisine (Béchamel, Velouté, Espagnole, Hollandaise, Tomato) with lots of helpful information and guidance on equipment, techniques and ingredients.
Each category has 16 pages of recipes with step-by-step instruction, serving suggestions, portion sizes and helpful tips.
- White Sauces: Pecorino, Gruyère and mustard, Dolcelatte, Onion
- Light Stock-Based Sauces: Marsala, White wine jus, Shiitake mushroom, Lemon piccata
- Brown Stock-Based Sauces: Mustard, Chili, Espagnole
- Emulsified Sauces: Mayonnaise, Aioli, Beurre blanc, Noisette
- Cream Sauces: Saffron, Lemon and tarragon, Cider and mustard
- Fruit Sauces: Apple, Cranberry with port, Plum, Orange and honey
- Tomato Sauces: Classic tomato, Puttanesca, Pizzaiola, Red mole
- Pesto Sauces: Pesto alla Genovese, Spicy pumpkin seed
- Barbeque Sauces: Kansas City, Memphis sweet and sour, Apple barbecue
- Creamy Dips: Piquant horseradish, Lemon and dill, Hot Cajun
- Salsas: Peach with lime juice and honey, Mango, Pico de gallo
- Fusion and Asian Sauces: Black bean, Wasabi and pickled ginger, Fusion curry, Honey peanut
- Oil and Vinegar: Cilantro lime, Smoked paprika, Tarragon
- Creamy Dressings: Caesar, Green Goddess, Yogurt and chive, Creamy Italian, Cocktail sauce
- Sweet Dessert Sauces: Sticky toffee, Raspberry coulis, Chocolate fudge, Lemon and Cream, Strawberry mint, Chocolate orange.
Over 400 full-color photographs, helpful conversion charts and an ingredients directory round out the comprehensive package.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Nadia Arumugam is a food writer, recipe developer and cookbook author living in New York City. She has a Master's degree in Journalism from New York University. She trained as a chef at Leith's School of Food and Wine in London after which she worked with the renowned chef Anton Mosimann. She is currently a food columnist for Forbes.com, and has written for numerous publications and online magazines including Fine Cooking, Epicurious.com and Saveur. She is the author of Chop, Sizzle and Stir.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Emulsified Sauces Creamy and Cheesy Sauces Pestos and Herb Sauces Broth-based Sauces Chili and Barbecue Sauces Ketchups and Tomato Sauces Savory Fruit Sauces Asian Sauces Salsas and Vegetable Dips Meat and Seafood Dips Creamy Cheese, Bean and Lentil Dips Oil and Vinegar Dressings Creamy Dressings Dessert Sauces Sweet Spreads and Dips
Sauces, Dips and Dressings selector Index Credits