Thirteen points of entry.
Locked gateways to magical realms of immense powerand danger, for the uninitiated. Within these pages are thirteen keys.
Enter the Necronomicon and be forever changed.
In this authentic sourcebook for magicians, occult scholar Donald Tyson usesH. P. Lovecraft’s story elements and charactersalien races, ancient sorceries, the Dreamlands, deities, witches, and ghoulsas the foundation for a workable and coherent system of modern ritual magic based on the thirteen true zodical constellations. This authoritative guide presents the essential elements of the Necronomicon mythos for use in esoteric practices such as dream scrying, astral projection, magical rites, and invocations.
About the Author
Donald Tyson (Nova Scotia, Canada) is an occult scholar and the author of the popular, critically acclaimed Necronomicon series. He has written more than a dozen books on Western esoteric traditions.
Table of Contents
Contents Introduction . . . 1 Eastern Gates: Persons
- First Gate: The Great Races . . . 17
- Second Gate: Unique Personalities . . . 45
- Third Gate: Gods and Devils . . . 107
- Fourth Gate: Monsters . . . 149
Southern Gates: Places
- Fifth Gate: Human Habitations . . . 173
- Sixth Gate: Alien Dwellings . . . 217
- Seventh Gate: The Dreamlands . . . 231
- Eighth Gate: Other Worlds . . . 253
Western Gates: Things
- Ninth Gate: Books . . . 269
- Tenth Gate: Talismans . . . 297
- Eleventh Gate: Oddities . . . 315
- Twelfth Gate: Abominations . . . 345
Northern Gate: Sorceries
- Thirteenth Gate: Rites and Incantations . . . 365
Mythos Works by Lovecraft . . . 385 Bibliography . . . 403 Index . . . 40
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
If you want an in depth breakdown of lovecraft's stories, look no further. I found it quite lacking on occult theory nor did it really make you think. Really just recites information from the mythos and then gives you an according access ritual. Again... handy if you want a Lovecraftian Mythos dictionary, so to speak. At least in my opinion. So not a waste, just not what I was looking for.
Really fun read for fans of Lovecraft's work.