EXCLUSIVE AND UNPARALLELED COLLECTION OF THE WORLD'S BEST NOVELS, SHORT STORIES AND POEMS!!!
THE COMPLETE HARVARD CLASSICS LIBRARY - "THE SHELF OF FICTION"
Selected by Harvard University and fully revised and updated for 2011
200 OF THE GREATEST WORKS EVER WRITTEN - NOW AVAILABLE IN A SINGLE, FULL COLOR ILLUSTRATED, NOOK VOLUME
This incredible Nook Harvard Classics Library Complete Shelf of Fiction collection represents a lifetime of reading, carefully selected by the world's leading experts on literature and philosophy at Harvard University. The publication of the Harvard Classics Library Complete Shelf of Fiction on the NOOK store represents a milestone literary event. For the first time ALL of these works are available in a single volume.
These are 200 works that everyone should read before they die. It includes such well known classics as Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, the Complete Sonnets by William Shakespeare, The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo, Tom Jones by Henry Fielding, Old Goriot by Honore de Balzac, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev, as well as relatively unfamiliar works.
As former Harvard University president Charles Eliot writes, "There is no work in the series which does not illustrate good literary form, and none which may not be read over and over again with pleasure and profit. It provides the intellectually ambitious family with a body of interesting and enjoyable literature, good not only for the present generation but for their children and grandchildren."
SELECTED EXTRACT FROM THE TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Complete Sonnets and Major Poems By William Shakespeare
- The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling By Henry Fielding
- A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy By Laurence Sterne
- Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen
- Guy Mannering By Sir Walter Scott
- Vanity Fair By William Makepeace Thackeray
- David Copperfield By Charles Dickens
- The Mill on the Floss By George Eliot
- The Scarlet Letter By Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Rip Van Winkle By Washington Irving
- Eleonora, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Purloined Letter By Edgar Allan Poe
- The Luck of Roaring Camp, The Outcasts of Poker Flat, The Idyl of Red Gulch By Francis Bret Harte
- Jim Smily and His Jumping Frog By Mark Twain
- The Man without a Country By Edward Everett Hale
- Portrait of a Lady By Henry James
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame By Victor Marie Hugo
- Old Goriot By Honore de Balzac
- The Devil's Pool By George Sand
- The Story of a White Blackbird By Alfred de Musset
- Two Friends By Guy de Maupassant
- Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship By J. W. von Goethe
- The Banner of the Upright Seven By Gottfried Keller
- The Rider on the White Horse By Theodor Storm
- Trials and Tribulations By Theodor Fontane
- Anna Karenina By Leo Tolstoy
- Crime and Punishment By Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Fathers and Sons By Ivan Turgenev
- Pepita Jimenez By Juan Valera
- A Happy Boy By Bjornstjerne Bjornson
- Skipper Worse By Alexander L. Kielland
and hundreds of pages of more works of outstanding literature!
ESPECIALLY FORMATTED FOR NOOK WITH INTERACTIVE TABLE OF CONTENTS AND FULL COLOR ILLUSTRATIONS AND INTRODUCTORY ESSAY BY HARVARD UNIVERSITY LITERATURE AND PHILOSOPHY SCHOLARS!
- Fully NOOKbook enabled with fully interactive table of contents
- Nook Lending Technology enabled
- Full color illustrations
WHY BUY BOOKS FROM THE COMPLETE WORKS COLLECTION FOR NOOK EDITION?
1. All COMPLETE WORKS COLLECTION NOOKbooks are priced as low as possible in order to offer unbelievable value and hours of reading pleasure for Nook readers. All COMPLETE WORKS COLLECTION Nook Books bring together ALL the complete works of a classic literary author, character or series in a single, extremely low priced volume in a single download, thereby freeing up valuable space and visual clutter on your Barnes & Noble Nook device.
2. All COMPLETE WORKS COLLECTION NOOKbooks are painstakingly formatted especially for Nook and come with a FULLY INTERACTIVE table of contents and Nook Free Lending Technology.
3. All COMPLETE WORKS COLLECTION NOOKbooks come with additional material including photo(s) of the author, and/or critical commentary, and/or biographical or historical background.
About the Author
Charles Eliot was President of Harvard University, and Christopher Hong was former Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard Review of Philosophy.
Date of Birth:November 30, 1835
Date of Death:April 21, 1910
Place of Birth:Florida, Missouri
Place of Death:Redding, Connecticut