- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this HCPCS Level II reference by Carol J. Buck!
Providing the latest Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes in an easy-to-use, spiral-bound, full-color format, 2010 HCPCS Level II Professional Edition helps you code quickly, accurately, and efficiently and optimize reimbursement. This professional edition has been enhanced with new coding tools to help you ensure compliance with coding regulations and confidently locate information on specific codes, manage supply reimbursement, report patient data, and more.
• Full-color design enables you to locate and identify codes with speed and accuracy.
• Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
• At-a-glance listing of all new, revised, and deleted codes for 2010 helps you quickly identify changes.
• UNIQUE! Color-coded Table of Drugs similar to the ICD-9-CM drug table helps you find specific drug information with ease.
• Distinctive symbols help you quickly identify all new, revised, reinstated, and deleted codes.
• UNIQUE! Full-color illustrations reinforce your understanding of conditions, complications, and procedures for increased accuracy in reporting.
• Drug code annotations help you quickly and easily identify brand name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
• Inclusion of American Dental Association (ADA) CDT Dental Codes streamlines coding with complete access to all codes in one place.
• Updated Internet Only Manual (IOM) section provides essential information on carrier-specific and Medicare-specific regulations to ensure coding accuracy.
• Companion Evolve Resources website keeps you updated with the latest code changes.
• Affordable pricing provides unparalleled value at a reasonable cost.
• ASC payment and status indicators help you determine which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System to ensure accurate reporting and appropriate reimbursement.
• Coding Clinics drawn from American Hospital Association HCPCS citations help you find expanded information about specific codes and their usage.
• Age/Sex alert symbols identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex to ensure accurate reporting.
• Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies indicators help you easily identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
• Quantity feature highlights the units of services allowable per patient, per day as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
• UNIQUE! Full-color Netter anatomy artwork clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
• Appendices reflecting the latest CMS, PQRI, NAR, and NCCI standards help you ensure compliance with current coding regulations.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.90(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Guide to Using the Saunders 2010 HCPCS Level II
Symbols and Conventions
Guide to the 2010 HCPCS Updates
HCPCS 2010: Level II National Codes
HCPCS 2010 Index
2010 Table of Drugs
CMS Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
Appendix A: IOM (Internet Only Manual)
Appendix B: 2009 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System Edits
Appendix C: 2009 Physician/Provider Payment Edits
Appendix D: 2009 PQRI Measures
Appendix E 2009 National Allowable Rates
Appendix F: Chapter 1, National Correct Coding Initiative Policy Manual