2011 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2 & 3 Standard Edition available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck!
Learn to code more efficiently and effectively with Carol J. Buck's 2011 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2, & 3, Standard Edition. Combining Netter's Anatomy artwork and the 2010 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy reference helps you easily access the information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in physician-based and inpatient coding. Plus, you can take this resource into your certification exams for enhanced testing support!
• Coverage of all three ICD-9-CM volumes includes both inpatient and outpatient codes.
• UNIQUE! Full-color Netter's Anatomy artwork clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
• Use Additional Digit(s) symbol in the index identifies codes that require an additional digit to remind you to check the tabular.
• The 2010 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are listed within the lists of codes and in a separate index for fast, easy access to the coding rules when you need them.
• Items provide detailed information on common diseases and conditions, helping you code more effectively.
• Symbols throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes and clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning symbols, including use additional, includes and excludes, code first, and codes that cannot be assigned as principal diagnoses.
• Additional hints, tips and definitions within specific codes provide extra guidance in coding anatomy, pathophysiology, or other coding directions.
• Guide to the Updates enables you to reference all annual coding changes at a glance.
• References to the American Hospital Association's Coding Clinics help you find expanded information about specific codes and their usage.
• Omit and Code Also codes highlight government text needing special attention.
• Coding updates on the companion codingupdates.com website keep you informed of changes to ICD codes.
• Authorized support you can take into your certification exams to enhance your testing experience and help you ensure certification success.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 2.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: ICD-9-CM Part I: Introduction ICD-9-CM Background Coordination and Maintenance Committee Characteristics of the ICD-9-CM ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting Part II: Alphabetic Index, Volume 2 Section 1 Index to Diseases Section 2 Table of Drugs and Chemicals Section 3 Index to External Causes of Injury Part III: Diseases: Tabular List, Volume 1 1. Infectious and Parasitic Diseases 2. Neoplasms 3. Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases and Immunity Disorders 4. Diseases of the Blood and Blood-forming Organs 5. Mental Disorders 6. Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs 7. Diseases of the Circulatory System 8. Diseases of the Respiratory System 9. Diseases of the Digestive System 10. Diseases of the Genitourinary System 11. Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium 12. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue 13. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue 14. Congenital Anomalies 15. Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period 16. Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-defined Conditions 17. Injury and Poisoning V-Codes-Supplementary Classification of Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services E-Codes-Supplementary Classification of External Causes of Injury and Poisoning Appendices A. Morphology of Neoplasms B. Glossary of Mental Disorders C. Classification of Drugs by American Hospital Formulary Services List Number and Their ICD-9-CM Equivalents D. Classification of Industrial Accidents According to Agency E. List of Three-Digit Categories * Part IV: Procedures, Volume 3 Index to Procedures Tabular List of Procedures 0. Procedures and Interventions, Not Elsewhere Classified 1. Operations on the Nervous System 2. Operations on the Endocrine System 3. Operations on the Eye 4. Operations on the Ear 5. Operations on the Nose, Mouth, and Pharynx 6. Operations on the Respiratory System 7. Operations on the Cardiovascular System 8. Operations on the Hemic and Lymphatic System 9. Operations on the Digestive System 10. Operations on the Urinary System 11. Operations on the Male Genital Organs 12. Operations on the Female Genital Organs 13. Obstetrical Procedures 14. Operations on the Musculoskeletal System 15. Operations on the Integumentary System 16. Miscellaneous Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures Unit II: Inpatient Procedures Inpatient Procedures (2009, 2010, 2011 respectively for each year)