This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) independent training course manual from the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) describes (in written form in this reproduction) the role, design, and functions of Emergency Operations Centers and their relationships as components of a multi-agency coordination system. The course contains disaster-related examples, activities and case studies that relate to EOC's and multi-agency coordination systems at the local, state and federal levels of government.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
* Relate EOC operations to National Incident Management System (NIMS) requirements.
* Describe the role that EOCs play in overall multiagency coordination.
* Describe the relationship between the EOC and the on-scene Incident Command System (ICS) structure.
* Identify staffing, information, systems, and equipment needs at the EOC.
* Determine whether participants’ EOC organizations are conducive to effective coordination.
* Identify potential alternate locations suitable for EOC operations should the primary EOC facility become damaged or inoperable.
* Create a test, training and exercise plan for critical EOC operations.
* Develop a strategy and schedule for reviewing EOC resource requirements and technology needs.
The target audience will include: Federal, state, local and tribal emergency managers; first responders to include incident commanders from all emergency management disciplines; private industry personnel responsible for coordination activities during a disaster; and Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) personnel.
Topics covered include: Emergency management coordinator; emergency operations centers; NIMS; ICS; multiagency coordination; policy, resource, operating, and coordination groups; MAC group; interoperability; Joint Information System (JIS).
This is a privately authored news service and educational publication of Progressive Management.
|File size:||114 KB|
About the Author
For over a quarter of a century, our news, educational, technical, scientific, and medical publications have made unique and valuable references accessible to all people.
Our imprints include PM Medical Health News, Advanced Professional Education and News Service, Auto Racing Analysis, and World Spaceflight News.
Many of our publications synthesize official information with original material. They are designed to provide a convenient user-friendly reference work to uniformly present authoritative knowledge that can be rapidly read, reviewed or searched. Vast archives of important data that might otherwise remain inaccessible are available for instant review no matter where you are.
The e-book format makes a great reference work and educational tool. There is no other reference book that is as convenient, comprehensive, thoroughly researched, and portable - everything you need to know, from renowned experts you trust.
Our e-books put knowledge at your fingertips, and an expert in your pocket!