35 Original Dramatic Plays for Two Females (Forensics Duo Series) by Ira Brodsky, Barbara Lhota
"This collection is ideal for a coach or competitor looking for a play with little to no cutting required to stay under ten minutes."Ken Young, Duo Coordinator, Bradley University, Peoria, IL
". . . a must-buy for all high school speech coaches."
Dr. Daniel Cronn-Mills, Prof. and Chair, Speech
Communication Dept., Minnesota State University
Great New Dramatic Plays for Female Pairs * 35 original dramatic plays, written especially for forensics duo competition
* Exciting, contemporary material for student performers, from middle school through college
* A wide range of characters in situations that actresses and duo interpreters will want to jump into
* Active and complete plays that give equal weight to both performers
* All can be performed without props, with full or minimal blocking, and within the eight- to ten-minute time limit
* Brief synopses introduce each play, and an index by character age is included
* A practical tips section offers advice from coaches and judges on how to improve your presentation "An indispensable and invaluable resource for forensic coaches and students. The two-female play is the most difficult of all forms to find." Dr. Daniel Cronn-Mills, Prof. and Chair, Speech Communication Dept., Minnesota State University "What sets this book apart is that the scripts were written for forensics performance. Each script is a ready-made cutting with a beginning and ending point and linear progression of events in between. There are so many scripts contained in this book, the authors were able to encapsulate a complete array of emotions felt in various types of female relationships. The pieces are of strong social and emotional significance; this empowers young women to assert interpretations and performances reflective of their own beliefs and core values."
Mark Rittenour, J.D., Director of Forensics, University of Akron "The women in these scenes are both passionate and vulnerable; their emotional journeys and complex circumstances will give the interpreter plenty to explore. The authors clearly care for the women they've created in these pages, and you will too." Steven Spraragen, Associate Director, Playwrights Horizons Theater School, Affiliate of NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, Department of Drama, New York, NY.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
35 Original Dramatic Plays for Two Females (Forensics Duo Series) based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.