Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. 3rd Independent Battery Kansas Light Artillery was an artillery battery that served in the Union Army during the American Civil War. The battery was originally recruited by Henry Hopkins and John F. Aduddell in late 1861, but was ultimately organized as Company B, 2nd Kansas Cavalry. It was reorganized as artillery on October 27, 1862 with guns captured at the Battle of Old Fort Wayne and designated as Hopkins' Battery Kansas Light Artillery, which was only meant to be a temporary assignment. The designation was officially changed to 3rd Kansas Battery on October 1, 1863 by order of the War Department.
|Product dimensions:||0.24(w) x 6.00(h) x 9.00(d)|