Your #1 resource for moving to Costa Rica and living the dream! Get more information and a free weekly tip at CRexpat.com.
Costa Rica is one of the most visited countries in the world for tourism, but more and more people from the U.S. and Canada are moving there, living a laid-back, stress-free, and sunny life by the beach in paradise. However, they find out quickly that things aren't always easy, and without the right knowledge, preparation, and resources, that Purva Vida dream can be more like a nighmare - sending them back home soon, penniless.
So, whether you're thinking of moving down to Costa Rica with your family, heading down to start a business and enjoy yourself, or just retiring there because of a low cost of living and great healthcare, this is the book for you.
In The Moving to Costa Rica Handbook, you'll find answers to every one of your important questions about moving to Costa Rica, including:
1. Where is the best place to live in Costa Rica?
2. What about visas and residency?
3. How much does it cost to live?
4. Do they have good medical care in Costa Rica?
5. Should I buy a house or rent an apartment?
6. What about good schools for the kids?
7. How can I get a job or make a living in Costa Rica?
8. Will I still have to pay taxes back home?
9. What if I don't know Spanish?
10. What are the biggest mistakes expats make?
...and many more questions - including those you haven't thought to ask yet!
Why are tens of thousands of U.S. and Canadian citizens moving to Costa Rica?
1. Best natural beauty in the world
2. Friendly, happy, and welcoming people
3. Great quality medical care that's surprisingly affordable
4. Gorgeous Atlantic and Pacific coastlines, as well as mountain living
5. Costa Rica is a safe, stable, peaceful country
6. It's easy for foreigners to get visas, get a driver's license, open a business, and own real estate in Costa Rica
7. Only a few hours flight from any major U.S. city!
You'll find everything you need to move to Costa Rica, open a business, buy real estate, make a living, establish residency, find great healthcare, and more in the Moving to Costa Rica Handbook!
|File size:||459 KB|
About the Author
Norm Schriever is a humorist, cultural mad scientist, and enemy of the comfort zone. He grew up in Connecticut and graduated from the University of Connecticut, where he was never accused of over-studying, and went on to live in North Carolina, Colorado and most recently in Northern California. Dissatisfied with a conventional existence, Norm sold or donated all of his possessions and moved down to Costa Rica in 2011 to pursue his lifelong dream of traveling the world and writing about his journey. His first book was written in the sleepy surf town of Tamarindo with the help of his secret weapons: fresh ocean air and Baileys in his morning coffee. He's since lived in Nicaragua, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and, currently, the Philippines. You can contact Norm at email@example.com or visit www.NormWrites.com for more information.