For too long the nation has dismissed the Greater Western New York region as a mere punch-line. That ends now. 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York, in a light-hearted and entertaining manner, reveals some of the most delicious underexposed treasures our region offers. These people, places and events not only help define Greater Western New York, but have often helped define America as well. Don't, however, underestimate the power of this collection of witty stories. Rather than a mere historical review eulogizing the faded glory of what once was, 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York take you on a expedition celebrating the rich character of our region. In doing so, the discerning reader will discover perhaps the most powerful hidden gem of them all: the key to Greater Western New York's future success.
Along the Journey, You'll Discover:
- A controversial early-American whose actions led directly to the creation of the U.S. Constitution.
- Our region's claim to be the origin of America's favorite fast food (and, no, we're not talking Buffalo Wings).
- The home of the Grand Canyon of the East.
- The fascinating story of the mysterious Lost Tribe of Western New York.
- A Rochester-born woman who holds this Hollywood first - that almost wasn't.
- The truth behind the story of New York State's smallest town's eerie tragedy.
- The time a small Western New York hamlet seceded from the Union - and its ensuing oversight.
- How the bumbling British Monarchy helped mark the borders of Greater Western New York.
|Publisher:||Pandamensional Solutions, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author