She's fun to be with. She tells the truth. She's your most dependable ally. These are just some of the characteristics of every woman's best girlfriend. And artist-illustrator Lorraine Bodger deftly describes plenty of others in her new list book, 500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend.
Consider these observations:
- I can tell you anything, and you won't be shocked.
- You redid my makeup for me when it was starting to look old-fashioned.
- We helped each other torture our siblings. How much fun was that?
- You're patient with me when I'm stuck on a guy and can't stop talking about him.
- When I'm sick in bed, you call to check on me at least five times a day.
- You helped me sew 106 name tapes into my daughter's clothes before she went to sleep-away camp for the first time. Then you let me cry on your shoulder when she left on the bus.
- *You think I'm smart, capable, clever, and pretty. You're my one-woman cheering section.
In text that's sassy and sweet, witty and serious, wry and loving. Bodger sums up the qualities of real friendships. All women will recognize themselves and their best friends in this delightful gift book. Universal in its appeal, 500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend joins the ranks of Lorraine Bodger's other best-selling list books.
|Publisher:||Andrews McMeel Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||4.00(w) x 5.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Lorraine Bodger is the author and illustrator behind the Andrews McMeel titles Crazy About You, 512 Ways I Know You're the Only One for Me, 511 Things Only Women Understand, 2,001 Ways to Pamper Yourself, For Your Birthday, I Wish . . . , and For You My Friend, I Wish . . . . She has also written and illustrated more than 15 crafts books and cookbooks. She lives in New York City.