This book helps you sharpen your ability to hire better teachers for your school, improve the ones who are already there, and keep your best and brightest on board.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.44(d)|
Table of Contents
The Key Word Is Quality
- Who Moved My Teacher?
- Irreplaceable Parts
- Opportunity Costs
Why Teachers Leave
- From the Mouths of Teachers
- Are We Talking about the Great Ones?
Creating, Fostering, and Sustaining Quality
- Building a Quality Culture
- Making Teaching Rewarding
- Keeping the Great Ones Motivated
- Expanding Our Pool
- Finding and Choosing the Best
- Inducting New Teachers
The Impact of Other Stakeholders
- Supporting Teachers in Parent Interactions
- Nurturing Student-Teacher Relationships
- Purposeful Mentoring
- Teaching: The Noblest Profession