Any parent that has the desire to work with their child at home should have good information about how to strategically help him or her and reap the benefits of using a data-driven approach to learning at home.
In 2001, the United States Congress passed the bi-partisan No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act that promised high standards, accountability, more choices for parents, and research-based methods of instruction. Parents are realizing that they truly have control of their children's education and many options are available to them.
Written by an educator and mom who has been a long-time tutor, this book will take you on a journey in which you will discover more about your child and yourself. Once you get to know your child academically, you'll learn how to:
• Choose the right learning environment for your child;
• Select a curriculum for your child;
• Plan your child's lessons;
• Supplement your child's curriculum;
• Assess your child's progress;
• Keep track and report your child's grades to him or her and the school;
• Find professional development opportunities for parents who want to help their child.
Take a data-driven approach to helping your child at home. By using these strategies at home with your child, you'll experience a significant increase in your child's academic achievement and prepare your child for future global opportunities.