Perfect for first-time visitors, day hikers, and seasoned canyoneers alike, expert hiker John Annerino’s Hiking the Grand Canyon is one of the most user-friendly and comprehensive guides to America’s premier natural wonder and UNESCO World heritage Site.
• Fold-out map of Grand Canyon Trails
• Color photographs and historical black and white photos
• Vignettes of the Canyon’s Native Peoples, explorers, and trail blazers
• Environment, geology, life zones, natural history, and sacred landmarks
• Preparation, training, clothing, gear, food, maps, hazards, and precautions
• Camping, lodging, guided trips, permits, and resources
Featuring detailed, authoritative descriptions of more than one hundred of the Canyon’s best trails, from easier day hikes perfect for beginners to more rigorous, rim-to-river and cross-canyon treks.