Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
A Century of American Historiography / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Editor James M. Banner, Jr. has compiled a collection of 15 historiographical essays by respected scholars to provide an up-to-date overview of major topics in American History. Each essay offers a concise and insightful assessment of a central field such as religious history, women’s history, cultural history, military history, and the history of ethnicity and migration. Contributors include Sean Wilentz, Emily Rosenberg, Donald Worster, and David Hollinger, among others.
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents
A Century of American Historiography
Introduction, James M. Banner, Jr.
1. American Political Histories, Sean Wilentz
2. More Than Great White Men: A Century of Scholarship on American Social History, Gary J. Kornblith and Carol Lasser
3. American Intellectual History, 1907-2007, David A. Hollinger
4. America and the World: From National to Global, Emily S. Rosenberg
5. Main Currents in American Cultural History, Jean-Christophe Agnew
6. The Changing Contours of African American History during the 20th Century, Robert L. Harris, Jr.
7. American Military History, John Shy and David J. Fitzpatrick
8. Expanding Boundaries: A Century of Legal History, Christopher Tomlins
9. American Religious History, 1907-2007, Mark A. Noll
10. Century of Struggle: The History of Women’s History, Susan Ware
11. The Rise of Environmental History, Donald Worster
12. A Century of Scholarship in American Immigration and Ethnic History, Alan M.
13. Regionalism and Sectionalism in American Historical Writing, David M. Wrobel
14. American Urban Histories, Timothy J. Gilfoyle
15. The Literature of American Indian History, Donald L. Fixico