Antiques are beautiful reminders of a time past. Antique items were made long ago and are symbolic of that time’s ancient style and history.
Antiques can be any collectible old item that is valued because of its age. They can be breakables, jewelry, furniture and other knickknacks, as long as they are highly-prized and have significant monetary value. There can be many bargain antique finds which are popular and sought after by collectors. And, there are also very precious items, regarded as priceless items by serious collectors, because they are considered authentic classic art and only a few of them exist.
Throughout this guide you will learn the history of various antique items such as:
• English furniture, Continental furniture, American furniture
• English pottery, Continental pottery, American pottery
• English porcelain, Continental porcelain, Oriental pottery and porcelain
• Glass, Silver and plate, Enamels, Metalwork
• Jade and other stones, Ivory
• Clocks, watches, musical boxes
• Embroidery, lace, tapestry
The objective of this book is to help you study certain pieces so that you can become familiar with the tell-tale markings and engravings which can differentiate an item as antique or not and you will know what to look for in telling old from new. In the end, you should be able to spot antiques accurately when you’re going around buying them so that you are certain that you're getting hold of a true antique that's truly a collector’s item!
|Publisher:||Nicole R. McKinney|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|