A Comprehensive Guide to Caregiving at Home
In A Guide For Caregiving: What’s Next? – Planning for Safety, Quality, and Compassionate Care for Your Loved One and Yourself, one of the top names in home care nursing, Tina M. Marrelli, MSN, MA, RN, FAAN, offers expert guidance for readers faced with the challenge of becoming a caregiver, providing helpful answers to common questions and additional resources to educate and prepare readers for the realities of caregiving.
The book’s topics include direction on creating and maintaining a care notebook, home care safety and a glossary of common health care terms. Marrelli has also included more specific sections for care related to amputation, bedbound patients, cardiac issues, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, stroke and end of life or hospice situations, among others.
In addition to helping those without experience in health care, A Guide For Caregiving: What’s Next? may also be helpful for clinicians to help their patients and their families better understand the complexity of the health care system.
The book is intentionally formatted to be able to be carried by readers who are on the go: a practical guidebook for facing caregiving challenges with a compassionate expert by the reader’s side.
|Publisher:||Marrelli and Associates, Inc.|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||847 KB|
Table of Contents
- The Caregiver Role
- Skills Needed to be a Good Caregiver
- The Care Team and Settings for Care
- Advocacy: Your Role in Communications and Coordination
- Creating and Maintaining A Care Notebook or Binder
- Safety in the Home
- Infection Control and Prevention Considerations
- Self-Care of the Caregiver
- Glossary of Common Health Care Terms
- Directory of Further Resources
- Special Patient Populations: Care Information by Problem (An alphabetical guide by health condition ranging from Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care to Urinary/Incontinence Care)