**As seen on Fox News Health, KCTV, USA Weekend and many more.**
Nasal congestion, runny nose, and coughing are common childhood problems, but when they are recurrent, persistent, and chronic they can truly impact a child�s quality of living. So what if there is a simple solution to these problems that doesn�t involve prescription medicines, painful procedures or surgery?
After such a long and difficult time not knowing what was wrong with her, I watch her now and think it�s nothing short of a miracle that we�ve got our healthy, happy kid back.�
- GLENNA, Parent of Dr Wei�s patient
In A Healthier Wei, Dr Julie Wei details her observations as a pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat specialist on how to overcome these issues through small changes in the diet. Specifically she focuses on the common link she sees day-in and day-out at her hospital between eating dairy and sugar in the evenings and what she calls �milk and cookie disease�: congestion, sore throat, coughing, and constipation.
�� this has transformed her life. As our whole family says, Dr. Wei ROCKS.�
- PATIENT�S MOTHER ON HOW DR JULIE ELIMINATED A BARKING COUGH AND THE NEED FOR HEAVY STEROIDS
Through case studies from Dr. Julie s own practice, you�ll understand the root of your child�s problems, and find out if these are real allergies or not. Through simple exercises and connecting the dots, you can then ease your frustrations, get some answers, and feel confident in the choices you make for your child�s health moving forward.
�Within four weeks, we could see a big difference. Since implementing these very simple changes, Ally has not had a single cough attack. This is nothing short of miraculous to us because up to this point she had been episodic on almost a monthly basis. � we are just amazed by how different life with our daughter is now.�
- KRISTA, MOTHER OF DR JULIE�S PATIENT ALLY
Dr Julie�s recommendations are not one of deprivation, nor advocating the �perfect� diet; rather she uses wisdom from both Eastern and Western medicine to suggest simple and manageable guidelines. Dr. Julie�s Asian roots, coupled with her medical expertise as a highly specialized pediatric ENT physician, confirm what goes in the mouth comes out in health.
The book provides some delicious quick and easy recipes that you can whip up with just a few ingredients that your children will love. As a mother herself, Dr. Julie understands the busy lifestyle of the modern American family and her tips and recipes are written accordingly.
�Just made your Banana Chocolate chip breakfast muffins--big hit with the whole family!�
- Reader Jill
�...it has worked not only for our son but for us as adults as well.�
All children deserve a healthy childhood without prescription medicine, and all parents deserve to see their children happy. A Healthier Wei might be just the antidote to the overmedication and misdiagnoses that happen everyday in children across the US and elsewhere.
�It�s almost a miracle how simple it was. It�s been amazing.�
- LYNN, Mother of a patient on adopting A Healthier Wei.
|Publisher:||A Healthier Wei, LLC|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
About the Author
Being a working mother herself, Dr. Julie understands the demands of a busy family life. The simple guidelines for eating and living set out in A Healthier Wei are forward-thinking and much-needed, and have - and will continue to have - a big impact on thousands of children's well-beings across the globe. Dr. Julie now lives in Orlando with her husband and seven year old daughter, Claire.
Achievements and Awards Include:
- Associate Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Medical degree from New York Medical College
- Otolaryngology residency training at The Mayo Clinic
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, the official journal of her specialty
- Recipient of the Mitochondrian Award 2012 from the Office of Professional Development and Faculty Affairs at KU School of Medicine in recognition for her contribution and 3 years of service to the KU Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Organization
- Member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Published 27 peer-reviewed manuscripts, three book chapters, and has four more manuscripts in press in medical journals.
- Appointed by the Dean to serve as the new President of the KU Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS).
- Speaker at the AAMC National Leadership Forum to share her leadership journey with Deans and Hospital CEOs across the U.S. and Canada