A History of Asia / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
A History of Asia is the only text to cover the area known as "monsoon Asia" - India, China, Korea, Japan, and Southeast Asiafrom the earliest times to the present.
Written by leading scholar Rhoads Murphey, the book uses an engaging, lively tone to chronicle the complex political, social, intellectual, and economic histories of this area. Popular because of its scope and coverage, as well as its illustrations, maps, and many boxed primary sources, the new edition of A History of Asia continues as a leader in its field.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.90(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.75(d)|
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
Author's Note to the Reader.
A Note on the Spelling of Asian Names and Words.
About the Author.
Introduction: Monsoon Asia as a Unit of Study.
1. Prehistoric Asia.
2. Asian Religions and Their Cultures.
3. The Traditional Societies of Asia.
4. The Civilization of Ancient India.
5. The Civilization of Ancient China.
6. Medieval India and Southeast Asia.
7. China: A Golden Age.
8. Early, Classical, and Medieval Japan and Korea.
9. Mughal India and Central Asia.
10. New Imperial Splendor in China: The Ming Dynasty.
11. The West Arrives in Asia.
12. Manchu China and Tokugawa Japan.
13. The Rise of British Power in India.
14. The Triumph of Imperialism in Asia.
15. Subjugation, Nationalism, and Revolution in China and India.
16. The Struggle for Asia, 1920-1945.
17. Revival and Revolution in Japan and China.
18. Korea and Southeast Asia in the Modern World.
19. South Asia: Independence, Political Division, and Development.
20. Asia at the Close of the Century.