Since the 1980s, China has developed a broader and deeper connection with the world. One of the most intriguing aspects of Chinese culture is its rich cuisine and fascinating cooking.
China is a nation with a long history of food culture, and food has become an essential part of Chinese culture.
This book tells in sprightly and straightforward language about the structure of traditional Chinese food, food customs for festivals and celebrations in China, Chinese dining etiquette, traditional food and cooking methods, healthy and medicinal diets, as well as historical exchanges of foods between China and other nations. It can present to the readers a complete and truthful picture of the summarized history and culture of Chinese food.
Published by SCPG Publishing Corporation and distributed by World Scientific for all markets except China
- Ingredients in Chinese Traditional Cooking
- Traditional Food for Celebrations and Festivals
- Etiquette Around Chinese Food
- Food Culture at the Mansion of Duke Yansheng in Qufu
- Traditional Chinese cuisine and cooking
- Culture of Food Made from Wheat
- Culture of Tea
- Culture of Chinese Wine
- Culture of Chinese Spices and Seasonings
- Culture of Chopsticks
- "We All Eat and Drink, Yet Few Know How to Taste": The Ten Perfections of Chinese Cuisine
- "Food as the People's Prime Concern": Chinese Culture of Health and Diet
- Cultural Exchange on Food and Cuisine
- "Dinner Table of the Masses": Contemporary Culture of Food Consumption
Readership: Researchers, general readers interested in the food culture of China.
- A work that at present stands out with its systematic and unique approach in introducing Chinese food culture
- In sprightly and straightforward language