- See disagreement as an opportunity for growth and discovery.
- Change the temper of a hostile engagement or walk away.
- Share mutual respect even beyond our deepest differences.
- Become a peacemaker in your network of friends and family.
- An Opportune Moment. Why is this a particularly propitious moment to elevate the conversation, at least for the vast majority of Americans who are tired of those who manipulate them through fear and anger?
- Five Practices of a Peacemaker. What kind of conversation can lower the heat and increase the level of communication, especially where we hold significantly different views?
- Operating in Shared Space. Our deeply held views do not have to be subjugated to cooperate with others; we only have to endeavor to make as much space for their views as we want for ours.
|Publisher:||Blue Sheep Media|
|Product dimensions:||5.38(w) x 8.38(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Section 1 An Opportune Moment
1 A Fork in the Road 25
2 What's in It for Me? 38
3 Pardon Me, Your Tribe Is Showing 49
4 The Symphony of Different 64
5 Staking Out the Common Ground 72
Section 2 Five Practices of a Peacemaker
6 Being Comfortable in Your Own Skin 89
7 Cultivating Compassion 100
8 Listen Up! 111
9 From My Good to Our Good 121
10 Willing to Be Disruptive 133
Section 3 Operating in Shared Space
11 Disarming the Binary Bomb 147
12 Bust Up Your Bias 158
13 Sharing the Table 170
14 Friendly Fire 180
15 Custodians of a Common Good 190