We all know about cellular phones, pagers, and cordless phones, but what exactly is "wireless" data, a "wireless" local area network (LAN) and "mobile" computing? Most managers have experience with some of these technologies, but if they want to make intelligent business decisions, they need to get up to speed on the "wireless" world. Marketers need this information to make shrewd decisions about developing new products and how to deliver those products. Other managers need to keep their in-house telecommunication system current. For either need, this book provides:
- a brief history of the emergence of wireless communications-and an outlook for near and long-term developments in this fascinating area
- an explanation of the key applications of wireless, including mobile communications satellite services
- highlights of U.S. telecommunications policies and their impact on wireless
- a guide to current FCC spectrum allocation issues
- a detailed glossary of terms, including industry acronyms.
|Product dimensions:||6.22(w) x 9.29(h) x 0.84(d)|