Two-volume introduction to formal logic. Volume I presents sentence logic and Volume II covers predicate logic and metatheory. Features easy-to-understand explanations and graded exercises.
Table of Contents1. Basic Ideas and Tools.
2. Transcription Between English and Sentence Logic.
3. Logical Equivalence, Logical Truths, and Contradictions.
4. Validity and Conditionals.
5. Natural Deduction for Sentence Logic: Fundamentals.
6. Natural Deduction for Sentence Logic: Derived Rules and Derivations Without Premises.
8. Truth Trees for Sentence Logic: Fundamentals.
9. Truth Trees for Sentence Logic: Applications.