Dr. Sukhraj S. Dhillon is one of the first authors who combine Ancient Eastern Wisdom and modern Western Scientific knowledge in his writings. He has an advanced degree in life sciences and molecular biology from the west and a fascination with yoga, breathing, and spirituality from the east crafted out of studies at Yale University, U.S.A. and Punjab University, India. He has been a faculty member at North Carolina State University for over ten years. He has published over 12 books and 40 research papers, and has expressed his views in the news media and workshops. He has been the President, Chairman of the board, and life-trustee of a non-profit religious organization and has expressed his views in the congregation and at international seminars.
A New Look at Vegetarianism: Its Positive Effects on Health and Disease Controlby Dr. Sukhraj S. Dhillon
"A New Look at Vegetarianism" contains various aspects of plant-based, or meatless, diets. It provides not only economic, cultural, biological and evolutionary aspect of vegetarian diets but also modern perspectives on health promotion and disease prevention. Plant foods with small or minimal amounts of animal foods may be the remedy for obesity and diseases related to modern life-style. However, vegetarians in general and vegans in particular should be concerned about balanced nutrition such as complete protein, vitamins B12 and D. Their children may require special attention and this book can help you raise a healthy vegetarian family.
In addition to nutritional aspect, there is information on phytochemicals and herbal sources that can be used against cancer, heart problems, and even to live-longer. This book will leave you with the impression that vegetarian diets are safe, palatable, healthy, and nutritionally sound.
• "In a vegetarian world no one needs to worry about Kosher, Halal, Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease and pollution from the waste of billions day to day killings."
• "What you eat in private; you will wear in public. If you must Binge, Binge on Vegetables."
• "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants." It's that simple!
• "The food you eat can be either the safe & most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." Need to hang this up in a kitchen!
• "The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with Nutrition. True
• "There is no diet that will do what eating healthy does." DIET is a wrooong word!"
• "At the end of the day, your HEALTH is your RESPONSIBILITY." Health
- CreateSpace Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.29(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews