Since 1975, Robert Julien's A Primer of Drug Action has been the definitive guide to the effects of psychoactive drugs on the brain and on behavior. Now in its Ninth Edition, this popular guide continues to lead the way through a rapidly changing field, providing readers with a clear, contemporary, and objective look at every drug and medication that either positively or adversely affects brain function. These include antidepressants, sedatives, opiods, alcohol, marijuana, anabolic steroids, antimanic drugs, hallucinogens, and many others.
A Primer of Drug Action, Ninth Edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to make it the most current book on drugs available today. With over 40% of its references dated from 1998 to 2000, this guide includes important new information on
* Herbal medications
* Drug therapy for behavioral and anxiety disorders
* Clinical practice guidelines for treating psychological disorders
* Depression and the action of antidepressant drugs
* The use of newer anticonvulsants in the treatment of bipolar disorder, pain syndromes, and behavioral disorders
* Drug therapy for children, adolescents, and the elderly
* "New generation" antipsychotic agents
* Treatments for people who both abuse drugs and suffer from psychological disorders such as anxiety and depression
Authoritative, comprehensive, and suitable for those with little background in biology, A Primer of Drug Action, Ninth Edition is an indispensable source of information for anyone interested in drug use, abuse, and education.
|Publisher:||Freeman, W. H. & Company|
|Edition description:||7th ed|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 1.50(h) x 9.50(d)|
About the Author