This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
This item is not available.
This is the definitive preparation guide for every software developer who wants to earn Oracle’s challenging Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification. Derived from Khalid A. Mughal’s highly regarded guide to the original SCJP Certification, A Programmers Guide to Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) brings together detailed coverage of all exam topics and objectives, exceptionally well-crafted code examples and exercises, realistic review questions, and a complete mock exam.
Reflecting the increased rigor of the latest OCP exams, this guide strengthens its focus on analyzing code scenarios, not just individual language constructs. It fully reflects the latest Java SE 8 features, API classes, and best practices for effective programming. The only integrated guide to both Java programming and OCP certification, it goes far beyond the test, providing the deep understanding of modern Java development.
Key features include:
- Summaries describing which topics to read for each exam objective
- Dozens of exam-relevant review questions with annotated answers
- Programming exercises and solutions carefully designed to help you put theory into practice and deepen your mastery
- A mock exam with realistic questions to find out if you’re ready for the official exam
- Program output demonstrating expected results from complete Java programs
- Advice on avoiding common Java coding pitfalls
- Expert tips for succeeding on your OCP exam
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents1. Object-Oriented Programming Revisited
2. Advanced Class Design
3. Nested Type Declarations
4. Functional-Style Programming
6. Collections and Maps
7. Stream API
8. Exceptions and Assertions
9. Date and Time
10. File I/O Fundamentals
11. File I/O with NIO.2
13. Database Connectivity
A. Taking the Java SE 8 Exams
B. Exam: Java SE 8 Programmer II
C. Exam: Upgrade from Java SE 7 OCP to Java SE 8 OCP
D. Exam: Upgrade to Java SE 8 OCP (Java SE 6 and Prior)
E. Annotated Answers to Review Questions
F. Solutions to Programming Exercises
G. Mock Exam: Java SE 8 Programmer II
H. Annotated Answers to Mock Exam II