"A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety" is a must read for not only the general public but for fitness professionals as well. Dana's ability to nail down such valuable content in while keeping it easy reading is ingenious." - Jeffrey A Segal, CSCS*D, NSCA-CPT*D, CPTS
A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety is the book you didn't realize you needed...until now.
Whether looking to hire a personal trainer, join a gym or work-out on your own, there are certain things everyone needs to be mindful of when making these and numerous other decisions in regard to your fitness and nutrition agenda.
Have you ever considered asking:
- What's the difference between certified and QUALIFIED fitness professionals and how to distinguish the difference between the two?
- Whose nutritional advice are you taking (or buying) and are they educated enough to dispense it?
- What role does your family history play in your fitness program?
- Do you have any contraindications to exercise (that you're aware of)?
- To eat or not to eat before a workout?
- What is an automated external defibrillator (AED) and what is it used for? Is there one in YOUR gym? Your residential community?
- Why are warming up and cooling down extremely important?
- If you are pregnant, are there certain conditions under which exercise is not advised?
- What is a "special population" and are you in this category?
Have any of these questions even crossed your mind?
While exercise is capable of offering numerous benefits, believe it or not, there are hidden dangers that lurk beneath the surface that if left uncovered, could cause more harm than good.
This book will help guide you toward making smart and educated decisions about your health and well-being. It comes equipped with:
- Useful health factor tables
- Injury prevention and procedures
- Links that connect you to additional helpful information
- Stories of unfortunate circumstances during exercise (the reason for the book)
- Helpful resources
- Examples of training done right
- Philosophies designed to help inspire inner-peace and encourage personal responsibility
- And much more
A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety...What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You.
|Publisher:||I Choose Awareness|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.33(d)|
About the Author
Dana aims to bring guidance to the public about how to achieve optimal health in a safe and structured manner. She believes that the body follows the guidance and instruction of the mind and spirit.
She inspires her readers to seek inner-peace as a means to well-being in all areas of life.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
As a group fitness instructor with 38 years teaching experience, I applaud Ms Gore for writing this comprehensive guide to exercise safety. Whether you are a beginner who doesn't even know what questions to ask or an advanced exerciser who pretends to know it all, this book is for you. From start to finish there is a vast amount of informatiion presented. Every safety aspect related to fitness is covered that will help make the reader become and remain a successful and safe exercise participant.This is a gem from a concerned professional who wants you to enjoy a lifetime of good health.
This book is a must read for everyone regardless of how long you have been exercising! I have been working out for 40 years a and have read a lot about fitness. This book is a well written comprehensive and simple to understand guide that should be read by those thinking about starting an exercise program and those who have been exercising for years. You will learn so much from this book and you will have years of safe workouts as the result of incorporating these tips into your routines.
I think this product is exactly what the fitness industry needs. I have been in the industry for over 15 years and think this is a fantastic read for all trainers and clients. When it comes to health and fitness too many people overlook the simple fundamentals and are trying to find the next "big" thing. Thank you Dana for doing what you do and keeping us all accountable.