A STUDY IN SCARLET
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
EDITION: Cactus Classics Large Print - 16 Point Font
FONT: 16 point Garamond
BOOK TRIM SIZE: 6" x 9" (15.2 cm x 22.9 cm)
TABLE OF CONTENTS: Yes
Cactus Classics Large Print (16 point size) editions are typeset with the Garamond font. These editions have a glossy cover, cream paper interior, wide margins, generous white space and good spacing between lines of text.
ABOUT THE BOOK AND AUTHOR
A Study in Scarlet is the first of four novels featuring Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. It was written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859–1930) and was first published in 1887. Sherlock Holmes also appears in five short story collections.
Taking place in 1881, Scotland Yard requests Holmes' assistance to investigate a crime. Dr. Watson narrates and learns how Holmes is able to use his extensive skills including deduction to solve the crime.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote four Sherlock Holmes’ novels: A Study in Scarlet (1887), The Sign of the Four (1890), The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), The Valley of Fear (1915) and five Sherlock Holmes’ short story collections: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1892), The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (1894), The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1905), His Last Bow (1917) and The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (1927).
OTHER CACTUS CLASSICS LARGE PRINT BOOKS
Below are our Sherlock Holmes Large Print books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- ISBN: 9781773600260 - A Study in Scarlet (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600284 - The Hound of the Baskervilles (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600277 - The Sign of the Four (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600291 - The Valley of Fear (Cactus Classics Large Print)
STORT STORY COLLECTIONS
- ISBN: 9781773600338 - His Last Bow (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600307 - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600314 - The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600321 - The Return of Sherlock Holmes (Cactus Classics Large Print)
- ISBN: 9781773600345 - The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (Cactus Classics Large Print)
NOTE: The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (Cactus Classics Large Print) is planned to be available in 2023.
About the Author
A prolific author of books, short stories, poetry, and more, the Scottish writer Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930) is best known for the creation of one of literature’s most vivid and enduring characters: Sherlock Holmes. Through detailed observation, vast knowledge, and brilliant deduction, Holmes and his trusted friend, Dr. Watson, step into the swirling fog of Victorian London to rescue the innocent, confound the guilty, and solve the most perplexing puzzles known to literature.
Date of Birth:May 22, 1859
Date of Death:July 7, 1930
Place of Birth:Edinburgh, Scotland
Place of Death:Crowborough, Sussex, England
Education:Edinburgh University, B.M., 1881; M.D., 1885
Table of Contents
- Chapter I—Mr. Sherlock Holmes
- Chapter II—The Science of Deduction
- Chapter III—The Lauriston Garden Mystery
- Chapter IV—What John Rance Had to Tell
- Chapter V—Our Advertisement Brings a Visitor
- Chapter VI—Tobias Gregson Shows What He Can Do
- Chapter VII—Light in the Darkness
Part II. The Country of the Saints
- Chapter I—On the Great Alkali Plain
- Chapter II—The Flower of Utah
- Chapter III—John Ferrier Talks with the Prophet
- Chapter IV—A Flight for Life
- Chapter V—The Avenging Angels
- Chapter VI—A Continuation of the Reminiscences of John Watson, M.D
- Chapter VII — The Conclusion