- Präludium und Fuge, for organ in E flat major (formerly BWV Anh. 177)
- Work(s): Fantasia II
- Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
- Ricercari, et canzoni franzese, Vol.1 No. 1, Recercar Primo, for keyboard in G minor
- Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, No. 7, Toccata Settima in D minor
- Capricci ... et arie in partitura, Vol.1 No. 5, Capriccio Quinto sopra la bassa fiammenga, for keyboard
- Fantasie a quattro, No. 4 "Fantasia quarta, sopra un due soggietti"
- Il secondo libro de toccate, canzone...di cimbalo et organo, No. 2, Toccata Seconda in G minor
- Voluntary for organ No. 18
- Voluntary for organ No. 8
- Voluntary for organ No. 4
- Get it by Monday, September 25 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Alpha Productions released A Tribute to Gustav Leonhardt: The Last Recordings about six months after the prodigious musician's death in January 2012. The set is made up of the last five albums Leonhardt recorded over his long career, made between 2001 and 2007. They fortuitously include examples of the three performing disciplines for which he was renowned -- as an organist, harpsichordist, and choral conductor -- and are infused with the depth of musicological research and insight that he brought to all his endeavors. It's an immensely satisfying collection, a fitting, mature, autumnal summation of a long and illustrious career, made up of music of the Baroque, along with some late Renaissance repertoire, much of it from off the beaten path. Regardless of medium, his performances were refined and elegant but with a lively internal energy and an unerring sense of pacing. They were always disciplined, but a listener could never come away from hearing him playing or conducting and think of Baroque music as predictable or metronomic. Three of the discs are devoted to harpsichord music of France, Germany, England, and Italy; one disc to a similarly broad collection of pieces for organ; and one disc to two secular cantatas by J.S. Bach, in which he's expertly joined by Les Chantres du Centre de Musique Baroque de Versailles and the chamber orchestra Café Zimmermann. Alpha's sound is impeccable, detailed, and immediate.