At last, a book for all women focusing on women's skin care and skin problems! Whatever your age, your skin type, your lifestyle, David Stoll, M.D. gives you the up-to-date medical information you need to keep your skin healthy. In a clear, friendly way, with plenty of real-life examples of people he has treated, Dr. Stoll tells you about the common and unusual skin conditions that women encounter and helps you alert the men and children in your life about their skin problems as well.
- Skin changes and problems in pregnancyhow to deal with them (one in five pregnant women seeks help for a skin problem!)
- The new cosmeticsdo they work?
- Tips on everyday care of your skin, hair, nails
- How the skin of a woman differs from a man's
- How your skin changes over your lifetime
- Cosmetic surgerywhat to ask, what to expect
- Acne, warts, rashes, infections, itches, allergic reactionshow you can deal with these and a host of other common skin problems
- How your skin reflects underlying health problems
- Skin problems that are unique to women
- Skin cancerhow to avoid it
- How sexually transmitted diseases affect the skin
- Unusual skin problemssymptoms you should watch out for
|Publisher:||Rutgers University Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.97(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.69(d)|
About the Author
David Stoll, M.D., is a Board-certified dermatologist in private practice in Beverly Hills, California. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.